The bonds of humanity : Cicero's legacies in European social and political thought, ca. 1100-ca. 1550 / Cary J. Nederman.
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
xv, 220 pages ; 23 cm
- Cicero, Marcus Tullius -- Influence.
Cicero, Marcus Tullius.
Political science -- Europe -- History.
Social sciences -- Europe -- History.
Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- "Surveys the many different impacts of Ciceronian theories on a diverse array of texts and authors between 1100 and 1550, presenting a counternarrative to the widely accepted belief in the dominance of Aristotelianism in early European political and social thought"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction : Ciceronian ideas in early European social and political thought
Prelude to the early European Cicero(s)
Words and deeds : some twelfth-century Ciceros
John of Salisbury : self-proclaimed Ciceronian
Cicero in the universities
Ciceronian impulses in Marsiglio of Padua
Cicero speaks French
Cicero against empire : Bartolomé de Las Casas.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|