Foundations of Chemical Reaction Network Theory / by Martin Feinberg.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Mathematics and Statistics (Springer-11649)
Applied mathematical sciences (Springer-Verlag New York Inc.) 0066-5452 ; 202
Applied Mathematical Sciences, 0066-5452 ; 202
1 online resource (XXIX, 454 pages) : 50 illustrations, 42 illustrations in color.
- Applied mathematics.
Chemistry, Physical and theoretical.
- Local subjects:
- Applications of Mathematics. (search)
Biochemical Engineering. (search)
Mathematical and Computational Biology. (search)
Systems Biology. (search)
Theoretical and Computational Chemistry. (search)
Industrial Chemistry/Chemical Engineering. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book provides an authoritative introduction to the rapidly growing field of chemical reaction network theory. In particular, the book presents deep and surprising theorems that relate the graphical and algebraic structure of a reaction network to qualitative properties of the intricate system of nonlinear differential equations that the network induces. Over the course of three main parts, Feinberg provides a gradual transition from a tutorial on the basics of reaction network theory, to a survey of some of its principal theorems, and, finally, to a discussion of the theory's more technical aspects. Written with great clarity, this book will be of value to mathematicians and to mathematically-inclined biologists, chemists, physicists, and engineers who want to contribute to chemical reaction network theory or make use of its powerful results.
- Part I: Preliminaries
Anticipating the Big Picture: Some Clues
Chemical and Notational Preliminaries
Reaction Networks, Kinetics, and the Induced Differential Equations
Open Systems: Why Study Nonconservative and Otherwise Peculiar Reaction Networks?
A Toy-Reaction-Network Zoo: Varieties of Behavior and Some Questions
Part II: Some Principle Theorems: A First Look
Aspects of Reaction Network Structure
The Deficiency Zero Theorem
Deficiency One Theory
Concentration Robustness and Its Importance in Biology: Some More Deficiency-Oriented Theorems
Concordant Reaction Networks: Architectures that Promote Dull, Reliable Behavior Across Broad Kinetic Classes
The Species-Reaction Graph
The Big Picture Revisited
Part III: Going Deeper
Quasi-Thermodynamic Kinetic Systems
Deficiency Zero Theory Foundations and Some Key Propositions
Deficiency One Theory Foundations
Concentration Robustness Foundations
Species-Reaction Graph Foundations.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-030-03858-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|