Precision Lens Molding of Glass: A Process Perspective / by Jayson J. Nelson.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- Engineering (Springer-11647)
Progress in optical science and photonics 2363-5096 ; 8
Progress in Optical Science and Photonics, 2363-5096 ; 8
1 online resource (XX, 135 pages) : 82 illustrations, 73 illustrations in color.
Electronics -- Materials.
- Local subjects:
- Ceramics, Glass, Composites, Natural Materials.
Microwaves, RF and Optical Engineering.
Optics, Lasers, Photonics, Optical Devices.
Optical and Electronic Materials.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book highlights the tools and processes used to produce high-quality glass molded optics using commercially available equipment. Combining scientific data with easy-to-understand explanations of specific molding issues and general industry information based on firsthand studies and experimentation, it provides useful formulas for readers involved in developing develop in-house molding capabilities, or those who supply molded glass optics. Many of the techniques described are based on insights gained from industry and research over the past 50 years, and can easily be applied by anyone familiar with glass molding or optics manufacturing. There is an abundance of information from around the globe, but knowledge comes from the application of information, and there is no knowledge without experience. This book provides readers with information, to allow them to gain knowledge and achieve success in their glass molding endeavors.
- Glass Molding Overview
Tool Materials and Tooling Package Design
Molding Surface Design and Useful Equations
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-981-15-4238-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|