Operational Research : IO2017, Valença, Portugal, June 28-30 / edited by A. Ismael F. Vaz, João Paulo Almeida, José Fernando Oliveira, Alberto Adrego Pinto.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Mathematics and Statistics (Springer-11649)
Springer proceedings in mathematics & statistics 2194-1009 ; 223
Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, 2194-1009 ; 223
1 online resource (XI, 433 pages) : 89 illustrations, 58 illustrations in color.
- Mathematical models.
Computer science -- Mathematics.
- Local subjects:
- Mathematical Modeling and Industrial Mathematics. (search)
Operations Research, Management Science. (search)
Computational Science and Engineering. (search)
Numerical Analysis. (search)
Game Theory, Economics, Social and Behav. Sciences. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This proceedings book presents selected contributions from the XVIII Congress of APDIO (the Portuguese Association of Operational Research) held in Valença on June 28-30, 2017. Prepared by leading Portuguese and international researchers in the field of operations research, it covers a wide range of complex real-world applications of operations research methods using recent theoretical techniques, in order to narrow the gap between academic research and practical applications. Of particular interest are the applications of, nonlinear and mixed-integer programming, data envelopment analysis, clustering techniques, hybrid heuristics, supply chain management, and lot sizing and job scheduling problems. In most chapters, the problems, methods and methodologies described are complemented by supporting figures, tables and algorithms. The XVIII Congress of APDIO marked the 18th installment of the regular biannual meetings of APDIO - the Portuguese Association of Operational Research. The meetings bring together researchers, scholars and practitioners, as well as MSc and PhD students, working in the field of operations research to present and discuss their latest works. The main theme of the latest meeting was Operational Research Pro Bono. Given the breadth of topics covered, the book offers a valuable resource for all researchers, students and practitioners interested in the latest trends in this field.
- António Rebello de Andrade and Marta Castilho Gomes and Joaquim Duque, New approach for optimization of construction and demolition waste management: Application to the Lisbon Metropolitan Area
Margarida Carvalho and Andrea Lodi and João Pedro Pedroso, Existence of Nash equilibria on integer programming games
Rosekelly Araújo Costa and Teresa Pereira and Isabel Cristina Lopes, The reverse logistics of unsold medications in pharmacies in Campania, Italy
M. Fernanda P. Costa and Ana Maria A.C. Rocha and Edite M.G.P. Fernandes, A penalty approach for solving nonsmooth and nonconvex MINLP problems
Manuel Eliseu and M. Isabel Gomes and Angel A. Juan, A Biased-Randomized Heuristic for the Home Healthcare Routing Problem
Joana Faria and Teresa Cardoso-Grilo and Cristina Gomes, Planning health workforce training in the detection and prevention of excessive alcohol consumption: an optimization-based approach
Leão José Fernandes and Susana Relvas and Ana Paula Barbosa-Póvoa, Downstream Petroleum Supply Chains' Design and Planning - Contributions and Roadmap
António Fernandes and Clara Bento Vaz and Ana Paula Monte, Efficiency and Capital Structure in Portuguese SMEs
Dalila B. M. M. Fontes and Teresa Pereira and Elisabete Dias, Evaluating suppliers in the olive oil sector using AHP
João N.C. Gonçalves and Helena Sofia Rodrigues and M. Teresa T. Monteiro, Optimal Control Strategies for an Advertisement Viral Diffusion
Alvaro Neuenfeldt Júnior, Elsa Silva, A. Miguel Gomes and José Fernando Oliveira, The Two-Dimensional Strip Packing Problem: What Matters?
Olena Kostylenko and Helena Sofia Rodrigues and Delfim F. M. Torres, Banking risk as an epidemiological model: an optimal control approach
Eloísa Macedo and Tatiana Tchemisova, A Generator of Nonregular Semidefinite Programming Problems
William Machado and Lino Costa and Maria do Sameiro Carvalho and José Telhada, Bus Fleet Management Optimization using the Augmented Weighted Tchebycheff Method
Alberto Martinho and Eduardo Alves and Ana Maria Rodrigues and José Soeiro Ferreira, Multicriteria Location-Routing Problems with Sectorization
William Hitoshi Tsunoda Meira and Leandro Magatão and Susana Relvas and Ana Paula Ferreira Dias Barbosa Póvoa and Flávio Neves Junior, A decomposition approach for the long-term scheduling of a single-source multiproduct pipeline network
Bruna Mota and Ana Carvalho and Maria Isabel Gomes and Ana Barbosa Póvoa, Green supply chain design and planning: the importance of decision integration in optimization models
Mariana Araújo Nogueira and Maria Sameiro Carvalho and José António Vasconcelos, Scheduling of nonconforming devices: the case of a company in the automotive sector Beatriz B. Oliveira and Maria Antónia Carravilla, Understanding complexity in a practical combinatorial problem using Mathematical Programming and Constraint Programming
Beatriz B. Oliveira and Maria Antónia Carravilla and José F. Oliveira, A dynamic programming approach for integrating dynamic pricing and capacity decisions in a rental context
Telmo Pinto and Cláudio Alves and José Valério de Carvalho, Models and advanced optimization algorithms for the integrated management of logistics operations
Tânia Rodrigues Pereira Ramos and Carolina Soares de Morais and Ana Paula Barbosa-Póvoa, Waste collection planning based on real-time information
António G. Ramos and José F. Oliveira, Cargo stability in the container loading problem - State-of-the-art and future research directions
Elsa Silva and António G. Ramos and Manuel Lopes and Patrícia Magalhães and José F. Oliveira, An intercontinental replenishment problem: A hybrid approach
João Cláudio Ferreira Soares and Anabela Pereira Tereso and Sérgio Dinis Teixeira Sousa, Use of analytic hierarchy process (AHP) to support the decisionmaking about destination of a batch of defective products with alternatives of rework and discard
André S. Veloso and Clara Bento Vaz and Jorge Alves, Determinants of Nursing Homes Performance: The Case of Portuguese Santas Casas da Misericórdia
Bruno van Zeller and Bruna Mota and Ana Barbosa Póvoa, Design and planning of sustainable supply chains: the case study of a tissue paper business
Chergui Zhor and Abbas Moncef, Reference points in TOPSIS Methods for Group decision makers and Interval data : study and comparison
- Vaz, A. Ismael F. editor., Editor,
Almeida, João Paulo. editor., Editor,
Oliveira, José Fernando. editor., Editor,
Pinto, Alberto Adrego. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-71583-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|