Computational Approaches in the Transfer of Aesthetic Values from Paintings to Photographs : Beyond Red, Green and Blue / by Xiaoyan Zhang, Martin Constable, Kap Luk Chan, Jinze Yu, Wang Junyan.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Engineering (Springer-11647)
1 online resource (XV, 205 pages) : 148 illustrations
- Signal processing.
Speech processing systems.
Optical data processing.
Computer science -- Mathematics.
- Local subjects:
- Signal, Image and Speech Processing.
Image Processing and Computer Vision.
Computational Science and Engineering.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book examines paintings using a computational and quantitative approach. Specifically, it compares paintings to photographs, addressing the strengths and limitations of both. Particular aesthetic practices are examined such as the vista, foreground to background organisation and the depth planes. These are analysed using a range of computational approaches and clear observations are made. New generations of image-capture devices such as Google goggles and the light field camera, promise a future in which the formal attributes of a photograph are made available for editing to a degree that has hitherto been the exclusive territory of painting. In this sense paintings and photographs are converging, and it therefore seems an opportune time to study the comparisons between them. In this context, the book includes cutting-edge work examining how some of the aesthetic attributes of a painting can be transferred to a photograph using the latest computational approaches.
Colour Attributes of Paintings
Geometric Attributes of Paintings
Paintings Versus Photographs
Computational Algorithms: Colour Attributes
- Constable, Martin. author., Author,
Chan, Kap Luk. author., Author,
Yu, Jinze. author., Author,
Junyan, Wang. author., Author,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-981-10-3561-6 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|