Equivalent Stress Concept for Limit State Analysis / by Vladimir A. Kolupaev.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Engineering (Springer-11647)
Advanced structured materials 1869-8433 ; 86
Advanced Structured Materials, 1869-8433 ; 86
1 online resource (XVII, 365 pages) : 210 illustrations, 205 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Solid Mechanics.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book discusses arbitrary multiaxial stress states using the concept of equivalent stress. It highlights the most useful criteria, which can be applied to various classes of isotropic materials. Due to its simplicity and clarity, this concept is now widely used in component design, and many strength and yield criteria based on the equivalent stress concept have been formulated. Choosing the appropriate criterion for a given material remains the main challenge in applications. The most useful criteria can be applied best when the plausibility assumptions are known. Accordingly, the book introduces fitting methods based on mathematical, physical, and geometrical objective functions. It also features a wealth of examples that demonstrate the application of different approaches in modeling certain limit behaviors.
Criteria of Equivalent Stress Concept.-Visualization Methods
Formulations of Classical Strength
Values for Comparison
Visualization of Standard Criteria
Alternative Formulations of Standard Criteria
Conditions and Assumptions of Strength Criteria
Generalized Pressure-Insensitive Criteria
Generalized Pressure-Sensitive Criteria
Fitting of Criteria
Experiments and Equipment
Applications. Summary and Outlook.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-73049-3 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|