Energy Effectiveness : Strategic Objectives, Energy and Water at the Heart of Enterprise / by Sandra McCardell.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Energy (Springer-40367)
1 online resource (XIV, 238 pages) : 101 illustrations, 90 illustrations in color.
- Renewable energy resources.
- Local subjects:
- Renewable and Green Energy. (search)
Energy Policy, Economics and Management. (search)
Innovation/Technology Management. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book describes practical ways to understand energy and water use in organizations and then manage or control that use, thereby reducing risk and cost. The author presents a strategic framework to focus on the types of questions that should be addressed internally, Including evaluation of potential projects, planning and implementing energy projects, and evaluating results. The premise is that no modern organization can exist without energy, despite the fact that energy is also one of the mandatory inputs that receives little to no attention in most organizations. This work highlights methodologies and projects that illuminate ways in which energy management is central to an organization's success, considering in each case the four main determinants of energy use: People, Buildings, Equipment /Processes, and the Environment. The book constitutes a complete energy savings resource for business owners, middle managers, and building and energy managers, providing options, free tools, and flexible project templates.
- Chapter 1. Introduction
Part I.The Context
Chapter 2.Energy Around the Globe
Chapter 3.Managing in Organizations
Chapter 4.The History of Energy Use
Chapter5. Energy Flows and Water Flows; Types of Energy
Part II. Organization and Energy
Chapter 6.Energy Flows and Management Practices in Organizations
Chapter 7.Energy Inside Organizations - the Four Fields
Chapter 8. Benefits, Barriers, and Opportunities
Chapter 9. Tools and Methodologies
PArt III. Introducing and Using the Strategic Energy Effectiveness Framework (SEE)
Chapter 10.-Energy and water in the System and for a Purpose
Chapter 11. Utility Benefits and Risks
Chapter 12. Utility Bill Analysis
Chapter 13.External Assessment
Chapter 16.Energy Business Plan
Chapter 17.Implement and Manage the Plan
Chapter 18. The Feedback Loop
Part IV.Putting It All Together
Chapter 19.The Strategic Energy Effectiveness Framework
Chapter 20.Framework Checklists
Chapter 21.Selected Resources.
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-90255-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|