Flood Modeling, Prediction and Mitigation / by Zekâi Şen.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Earth and Environmental Science (Springer-11646)
1 online resource (XIV, 422 pages) : 213 illustrations, 57 illustrations in color.
- Natural disasters.
- Local subjects:
- Natural Hazards. (search)
Geoengineering, Foundations, Hydraulics. (search)
Math. Appl. in Environmental Science. (search)
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts. (search)
Water Policy/Water Governance/Water Management. (search)
Physical Geography. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book draws on the author's professional experience and expertise in humid and arid regions to familiarize readers with the basic scientific philosophy and methods regarding floods and their impacts on human life and property. The basis of each model, algorithm and calculation methodology is presented, together with logical and analytical strategies. Global warming and climate change trends are addressed, while flood risk assessments, vulnerability, preventive and mitigation procedures are explained systematically, helping readers apply them in a rational and effective manner. Lastly, real-world project applications are highlighted in each section, ensuring readers grasp not only the theoretical aspects but also their concrete implementation. .
Rainfall and floods
Floods and drainage basin features
Hydrograph and unit hydrograph analysis
Rational flood methodologies
Probability and statistical methods
Flood design discharge and its significance
Climate change impact on floods
Flood safety and hazard. .
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-52356-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|