Climate Change and Rocky Mountain Ecosystems / edited by Jessica Halofsky, David L. Peterson.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Earth and Environmental Science (Springer-11646)
Advances in global change research 1574-0919 ; 63
Advances in Global Change Research, 1574-0919 ; 63
1 online resource (XVII, 236 pages) : 42 illustrations, 37 illustrations in color.
- Climatic changes.
- Local subjects:
- Climate Change. (search)
Natural Resources. (search)
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts. (search)
Fish & Wildlife Biology & Management. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book is the result of a team of approximately 100 scientists and resource managers who worked together for two years to understand the effects of climatic variability and change on water resources, fisheries, forest vegetation, non-forest vegetation, wildlife, recreation, cultural resources and ecosystem services. Adaptation options, both strategic and tactical, were developed for each resource area. This information is now being applied in the northern rocky Mountains to ensure long-term sustainability in resource conditions. The volume chapters provide a technical assessment of the effects of climatic variability and change on natural and cultural resources, based on best available science, including new analyses obtained through modeling and synthesis of existing data. Each chapter also contains a summary of adaptation strategies (general) and tactics (on-the-ground actions) that have been developed by science-management teams.
- Chapter 1. Introduction and Biogeography (Jessica Halofsky, David Peterson, and Karen Dante-Wood)
Chapter 2. Climatology (Linda Joyce and Marian Talbert)
Chapter 3. Water Resources (Chales Luce)
Chapter 4. Fisheries (Michael Young and Daniel Isaak). - Chapter 5. Forest Vegetation (Robert Keane)
Non-Forest Vegetation (Matthew Reeves)
Chapter 7. Ecological Disturbance (Rachel Loehman)
Chapter 8. - Wildlife (Kevin McKelvey and Polly Buotte)
Chapter 9. Recreation (Michael Hand and Megan Lawson)
Ecosystem Services (Travis Warziniack)
Chapter 11. Cultural Resources (Carl Davis)
Chapter 12. Applications in Resource Management and Planning (Karen Dante-Wood and Linh Hoang).
- Halofsky, Jessica. editor., Editor,
Peterson, David L. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-56928-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|