Small Flying Drones : Applications for Geographic Observation / edited by Gianluca Casagrande, András Sik, Gergely Szabó.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Earth and Environmental Science (Springer-11646)
1 online resource (IX, 161 pages) : 95 illustrations, 90 illustrations in color.
- Geographic information systems.
- Local subjects:
- Geographical Information Systems/Cartography. (search)
Monitoring/Environmental Analysis. (search)
Landscape/Regional and Urban Planning. (search)
Measurement Science and Instrumentation. (search)
Artificial Intelligence. (search)
Robotics and Automation. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book focuses on small flying drones and their applications in conducting geographic surveys. Scholars and professionals will discover the potential of this tool, and hopefully develop a conceptual and methodological framework for doing the following things: a) Translate their data acquisition needs into specifications. (b) Use the developed specifications to choose the best accessible configuration for their drones, and (c) Design and organize effective and low-cost field deployment and flight operations by integrating technical aspects with regulatory and research requirements. Readers can apply this knowledge to work in cartography, environmental monitoring and analysis, land-use studies and landscape archaeology. Particular attention is also given to the reasons why a drone can dramatically boost a geographer's capability to understand geographic phenomena both from hard-science and humanities approach.
- Chapter1. Small Drones and Geographic Observation
Chapter2. Concepts and Issues
Chapter4. Zooming on Aerial Survey
Chapter5. Examples from the Boundaries of Geographical Survey: Architecture and Flood Modelling.
- Casagrande, Gianluca. editor., Editor,
Sik, András, editor., Editor,
Szabó, Gergely. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-66577-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|