Leonardo by Leonardo / Martin Kemp.
- First edition.
- New York : Callaway, 2019.
191 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 37 cm
- Leonardo, da Vinci, 1452-1519 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Leonardo, da Vinci, 1452-1519.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Published to coincide with Leonardo?s 500th anniversary commemoration in 2019, and written by Martin J. Kemp, one of the world?s leading authorities on Leonardo da Vinci, 'Leonardo by Leonardo' presents a gallery of the master?s 27 existing paintings, as well as the preparatory drawings that formed the basis of his masterpieces. Martin J. Kemp?s narrative is accompanied by extensive written reflections by Leonardo, and is further highlighted by perspectives from his contemporaries. 0The utmost care and state-of-the-art digital capture technology has been applied to the new photography of the artworks presented in this collection. No expense has been spared to reproduce the artworks with the highest fidelity to colour, tone, and surface. The quality of imaging, ultra-fine resolution printing, archival paper, and binding has produced a book like no other.
- Introduction : why Leonardo?
Florentine foundations, 1452/1482
The Milanese court, 1482/1499
Republican battles, 1500/1507
The "uomo universale"
Milan, 1507/1513; Rome, 1513/1516; France, 1516/1519
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Leonardo, da Vinci, 1452-1519.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|