Mrs. Dijkman's cookery and recipe book in English : translated from the Cape Dutch cookery and recipe book, 1905.
- Other Title:
- Mrs. Dykman's cookery and recipe book
- [New edition] / revised and enlarged by Mrs. E.J. Dijkman.
Paarl : Paarl Printing and Publishing Co., Ltd., 1905.
1 online resource (200 pages)
- Cooking, South African.
- There are over 200 African American cookbooks in the collection dating from the early 19th century to the present. The earliest is a first edition of Robert Roberts, 'The House Servant's Directory' (1827), the first cookbook written by a black American and first book on any subject written by a black American to have been printed by a commercial publisher. Additionally there are charity cookbooks, black dialect items, and celebrity cookbooks. The collection is complemented by strong holdings in Caribbean cookery and African cookery.
- AMDigital Reference: TX723.5.N4 D55 1905.
Translated from the Afrikaans.
"Collection: Africa"--Home page.
"Note: Catalog Records ©2019, by the Michigan State University. All rights reserved."--Home page.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on November 21, 2019).
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|