Hallifax, and its gibbet-law placed in a true light : together with a description of the town; the nature of the soil; the temper and disposition of the people; the antiquity of its customary law, and the reasonableness thereof; with an account of the gentry, and other eminent persons born and inhabiting within the said town, and the liberties thereof. With an account of the gentry, and other eminent persons born and inhabiting within the said town, and the liberties thereof : with many other matters and things of great remarks, never before published. To which are added, The unparallel 'ed tragedies committed by Sir John Eland, of Eland, and his grand antagonists.
- Bingley : Thomas Harrison, printer, bookbinder, manufacturing stationer, andc., 1886
- [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein and Company, 
- History of capital punishment
HeinOnline history of capital punishment
1 online resource (91 pages) : illustrations
- Criminal law -- England -- Halifax.
Capital punishment -- England -- Halifax.
Halifax (England) -- History.
- Electronic books.
- Reprint. Originally published: London : Printed by J. How for William Bently, 1708
Description based on PDF cover title, viewed July 6, 2017
©2017 Cassidy Cataloguing Services, Inc
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|