The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D companion / Ben Long.
- First edition.
- Beijing ; Sebastopol, California : O'Reilly, 
1 online resource (290 p.)
- Canon digital cameras -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Photography -- Digital techniques.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- text file
- Through a series of easy-to-follow lessons, The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/D450 Companion gives you a complete class on digital photography, tailored specifically for people who use this camera. This is not a typical camera guide: rather than just showing you what all the buttons do, this unique book teaches you how to use various Digital Rebel features to make great photographs. With The Canon Digital Rebel XSi Companion in your camera bag, you have the perfect field reference for taking stunning pictures of any occasion or place, any time. You get valuable
- Acknowledgments; Preface; Chapter 1: Getting to Know the Rebel XSi; Shooting snapshots using Full auto mode; Resetting the Camera's Defaults; Snapshot Shooting in Full Auto Mode; Framing Your Shot; Autofocus, or "How to Press the Shutter Button"; Take the Shot; The Viewfinder Status Display; The LCD Status Display; Viewing Your Images; Using Scene Modes; Watch that Headroom: Fill the Frame; Don't Be Afraid to Get in Close; Lead Your Subject; Remember That Your Knees Can Bend; Watch the Background; Watch Out for Backlighting; Understand Flash Range
Cover Your Shot, or "One Shot Is Rarely Enough"Chapter 2: Anatomy of the Rebel XSi; learning to hold and control your camera; What Is an SLR Anyway?; Cleaning and Maintenance; The XSi Battery; The Media Card; Body Parts; Camera Top; Camera Front; Camera Sides; Camera Back; Camera Bottom; The Rebel XSi Menu System; Holding the Camera; The Grip; Feet, Elbows, and Neck; The Lens; Understanding Focal Length; Types of Lenses; Lens Controls; Lens Care; Sensor Cleaning; More Full Auto Practice; Work with Fixed Focal Length; Chapter 3: Playing Back Images
Reviewing and analyzing images on your rebel xsiImage Review; Image Playback; Navigating Images with the Main Dial; Playback Zoom; Exiting Playback; Viewing Image Thumbnails; Viewing Image Info; Image Rotation; Manual Image Rotation; Slideshows in the Field; Erasing Images; Deleting an Image During Image Review; Deleting an Image During Image Playback; Deleting All of the Images on the Card; Protecting Images; Chapter 4: Image Transfer; Copying Images to your computer; Media Cards; One Big Card? Or Lots of Small Ones?; Card Management; Transferring from Your Camera
Installing the Canon SoftwareTransferring Images to a Windows Computer; Using Adobe Photoshop Elements for Windows; Using Adobe Photoshop; Transferring Images to a Macintosh Computer; Configuring Your Mac for Image Transfer; Transferring Images Using Canon ImageBrowser; Transferring Images Manually Using Windows or the Mac; Using the Camera to Select Images for Transfer; Organizing Your Images; After You've Transferred Your Images; Chapter 5: Photography 101; The fundamental theory of exposure; Over- and Underexposure; Exposure Mechanisms; ISO: The Third Exposure Parameter; Shutter Speed
ApertureWhy There Are Two Ways to Control Light; How Shutter Speed Choice Affects Your Image; How Aperture Choice Affects Your Image; Shutter Speed/Aperture Balance; Reciprocity; Fractional Stops; Thinking Again About Full Auto Mode; Summing Up; Chapter 6: Program Mode; Taking control and understanding more about exposure; Switching to Program Mode; Focusing Revisited; Understanding Focus Points; Focus Modes; AI Servo; AI Focus; What To Do When Autofocus Doesn't; Manual Focus; Getting Creative with Program Shift; Handheld Shooting and Shutter Speed; Image Stabilization; Changing ISO
- "Practial photography advice you can take anywhere."
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|