Environmental biotechnology : principles and applications / Bruce E. Rittmann, Perry L. McCarty.
- Second edition.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, 
xvii, 633 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Medical subjects:
- Environmental Microbiology.
Biotechnology -- methods.
Environmental Health -- methods.
- "This thoroughly revised educational resource presents the biological principles that underlie modern microbiological treatment technologies. Written by two of the field's foremost researchers, Environmental Biotechnology: Principles and Applications, Second Edition clearly explains the new technologies that have evolved over the past twenty years, including direct anaerobic treatments, membrane-based processes, and granular processes. The first half of the book focuses on theory and tools; the second half offers practical applications that are clearly illustrated through real-world examples"-- Provided by publisher.
- Moving Toward Sustainability
Basics of Microbiology
Biochemistry, Metabolism, Genetics, and Information Flow
Stoichiometry and Energetics
Reactor Characteristics and Kinetics
Aerobic Suspended-Growth Processes
Aerobic Biofilm Processes
Nitrogen Transformation and Recovery
Phosphorus Removal and Recovery
Biological Treatment of Drinking Water.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- McCarty, Perry L., author.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|