Art & archaeology of the Roman world / Mark D. Fullerton.
- Other Title:
- Art and archaeology of the Roman world
- London : Thames & Hudson, 2020.
408 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 28 cm
- Art, Roman.
Rome -- Antiquities.
- "Mark D. Fullerton blends the art of the Roman period with its history of political intrigue, military and religious ideologies, and intercultural interaction. The book not only explores the art of Rome itself but also that of the Roman provinces, including Syria, Egypt, Algeria, Greece, and the British Isles, showing how Roman art drew from and influenced the wider ancient world. Each of the book's four parts opens with a timeline and historical overview, allowing the reader to better understand how the art relates to the political and social lives of the people of ancient Rome"--‡cProvided by publisher.
- Introduction: What is Roman about Roman art?
Rome and Italy before the Empire (c. 800-27 BCE)
The formation of the Roman Empire (27 BCE-96 CE)
The High Empire (96-192 CE)
Collapse and recovery: art across the later Roman Empire (193-337 CE).
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 392-394) and index.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|