Technology in crisis : technological changes in ceramic production during periods of trouble / edited by Ilaria Caloi & Charlotte Langohr.
- [Louvain-La-Neuve] : PUL Presses universitaires de Louvain, 
- Aegis (Series) (Louvain, Belgium). Actes de colloques 16.
Aegis. Actes de Colloques ; 16
240 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), maps (some color), charts, plans ; 30 cm
- Bronze age -- Mediterranean Region -- Congresses.
Pottery, Ancient -- Social aspects -- Mediterranean Region -- Congresses.
Pottery, Prehistoric -- Mediterranean Region -- Congresses.
Pottery, Prehistoric -- Technological innovations -- Mediterranean Region -- Congresses.
Mediterranean Region -- Antiquities -- Congresses.
- This volume comprises the proceedings of a workshop with the same title which took place in February 2016 at UCLouvain (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium). It was organised within the framework of the ARC13/18-049 (concerted research action) "A World in Crisis?". This workshop questioned the reliability of pottery as crisis indicator within the archaeological data set. More particularly, following the perspective of archaeological and anthropological research that assesses pottery technology as a social product, there is an interest in addressing the social and cultural aspects of technological change in pottery production in the specific context of crisis and period of trouble. The main goal of our examination was to detect whether and how technological choices or changes observed in the archaeological ceramic record may reflect periods of transition, disruption, crisis or change pertaining to social, political, economic and environmental conditions. We proposed to address these questions by bringing together experts in charge of the study of pottery at different Bronze Age Mediterranean sites in order to discuss, confront and contextualise their respective assemblages and associated contexts.
- Proceedings of the international workshop held at the UCLouvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, February 18-19, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Caloi, Ilaria, editor.
Langohr, Charlotte, editor.
Université catholique de Louvain (1970- ), host institution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|