Wine by design : Santa Barbara's quest for terroir / Victor W. Geraci.
- Reno, Nevada ; University of Nevada Press, 
xiv, 232 pages ; 23 cm
- Wine industry -- California -- Santa Barbara County -- History.
Wine and wine making -- Economic aspects -- California -- Santa Barbara County.
Viticulture -- California -- Santa Barbara County.
Wine and wine making -- Economic aspects.
California -- Santa Barbara County.
- "In the later-half of the twentieth-century the Santa Barbara, California wine industry became a vital part of the global wine community through a process of Wine By Design that utilized science, technology, and agribusiness capitalist tenants. This history, set in the context of nineteenth- and twentieth-century state, national, and global wine history, illuminates a story of how a regional wine industry became part of the national and international wine industry"-- Provided by publisher.
- Wine begins its journey to Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara's first wine industry
False starts and the road to rediscovering Santa Barbara
The California wine revolution looks to Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara pioneers plant wine grapes
Santa Barbara gains recognition
1990s : Santa Barbara gains vintibusiness status
Booming business : continued problems
Wine is here to stay
The new millennium brings new challenges
New millennium-New land-use and environmental challenges
A decade of successful expansion : 2000 to 2010
Old problems, new challenges
The era of boutique wineries.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Geraci, Victor William, 1948- Wine by design.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|