Social Administration / Roger Lohmann, Nancy Lohmann.
- New York, NY : Columbia University Press, 
- Foundations of Social Work Knowledge Series
1 online resource
- Social work administration.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- By making explicit linkages both to social work practice and to the history of management thought, covering the rapidly expanding field of nonprofit studies, and incorporating management approaches from Henri Fayol's principles to Total Quality Management, this pioneering work grounds the practice of social administration in the profession of social work and agency-based practice better than any text presently available. The book also addresses ways in which the strategic vision of social administrators can be used to build humane and lasting welfare institutions, further social justice, and confront oppression.To accomplish this task, the authors blend several perspectives: social administration as management, as a form of social work practice emphasizing professional and community leadership, as decision making influenced by values and ethics and as institution building. Divided into an introduction, an afterword, and twenty-five topical chapters, Social Administration discusses issues of executive and program leadership as well as such environmental concerns as community, social agency, and a range of special topics, including accountability, ethics, contracting, and working with boards.
PART I. The Ecology of Social Administration
2. Social Administration and Community
3. The Social Agency
4. Social Administration and Organization
PART II. Elements of Social Administration
5. Leadership and Decision-Making
6. The Process of Management
7. Management Models
PART III. The Process of Institutionalization
8. Policy, Institutions, and Strategic Action
9. Administrative Planning
13. Program Evaluation
PART IV. Communications and Information
14. Administrative Communication
15. Administrative Information Systems
PART V. Empowerment
16. Administrative Authority
17. Power and Influence
18. Marketing, Public Relations, and Advertising
PART VI. Human and Financial Capital
19. Personnel Systems
20. Human Resources
21. Financial Management
22. Financial Inflows
PART VII. Topics in Social Administration
24. Social Administration and Purchase of Service Contracts
25. Ethics and Administration
26. Human Diversity and Administrative Justice
27. Governance Issues: Boards and Directorates
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Lohmann, Nancy, author.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.7312/lohm11198 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|