The Measure of America : American Human Development Report, 2008-2009 / Sarah Burd-Sharps, Eduardo Martins, Kristen Lewis.
- New York, NY : Columbia University Press, 
- A Columbia / SSRC Book
1 online resource
- American wit and humor, Pictorial.
Editorial cartoons -- New York (State) -- New York.
Quality of life -- United States -- Statistics.
Social indicators -- United States.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- The Measure of America is the first-ever human development report for a wealthy, developed nation. It introduces the American Human Development Index, which provides a single measure of well-being for all Americans, disaggregated by state and congressional district, as well as by gender, race, and ethnicity. The Index rankings of the 50 states and 436 congressional districts reveal huge disparities in the health, education, and living standards of different groups. Clear, precise, objective, and authoritative, this report will become the basis for all serious discussions concerning the realization of a fair, just, and globally competitive American society.
Boxes, Figures, Maps, and Tables
Foreword / Sen, Amartya
Foreword / Draper, William H.
Understanding Human Development
What the American Human Development Index Reveals
The Building Blocks of the HD Index
A Long and Healthy Life
Access to Knowledge
A Decent Standard of Living
8-Point Human Development Agenda
Human Development Indicators
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 08. Jul 2019)
- Draper III, William.
Lewis, Kristen, author.
Martins, Eduardo, author.
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.7312/burd15494 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|