Home without walls : Southern Baptist women and social reform in the progressive era / Carol Crawford Holcomb.
- Tuscaloosa : The University of Alabama Press, 
- Religion and American culture (Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
Religion and American culture
x, 247 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Southern Baptist Convention. Woman's Missionary Union -- History.
Women in the Southern Baptist Convention -- History.
Social gospel -- Southern States -- History.
Social settlements -- Southern States -- History.
Progressivism (United States politics).
Progress -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
Southern States -- Social conditions -- 1865-1945.
Southern Baptist Convention. Woman's Missionary Union.
Women in the Southern Baptist Convention.
- "A study of the social views of Southern Baptist women through a critical examination of the Woman's Missionary Union (WMU) from 1888 to 1930, an era when American theologians were formulating the social gospel"-- Provided by publisher.
- They feared God more than men : the birth of the WMU
The reconstruction of true womanhood : WMU and gender
Professionalism and administration : the Armstrong era
Unreliable allies : Southern Baptist women and race
Saving society : the personal service department and the social gospel
"A gospel for all of life" : teaching and proclaiming the social gospel
The kingdom at hand : social work training and social settlements.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|