His Maiesties reason vvhy he cannot in conscience consent to abolish the Episcopall government. Delivered by him in writing to the Divines that attend the Honorable Commissioners of Parliament at the Treaty at Newport Octob. 2. 1648. With the answer of the said Divines delivered to His Majestie in writing. October 3. 1648.
- London : Printed by William Wilson, 1648.
- Conference Name:
- Westminster Assembly (1643-1652)
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 14 pages)
- Episcopacy -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
- The Divines are Stephen Marshall, Richard Vines, Joseph Caryl and Lazarus Seaman. Cf. Thomason Catalogue.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "8ber [i.e. October] ye 9th".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 74:E466) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition, 1994) C2738.
- Marshall, Stephen, 1594?-1655.
Vines, Richard, 1600?-1656.
Seaman, Lazarus, -1675.
Caryl, Joseph, 1602-1673.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|