The faythfull and true storye of the destruction of Troye, compyled by Dares Phrigius, which was a souldier while the siege lasted, translated into Englyshe by Thomas Paynell
- Standardized Title:
- De excidio Troiae historia. English
- Other Title:
- De excidio Troiae historia.
Menelaus oration vnto the Troyanes for the repetion of Helen.
Menelaus oration unto the Troyanes for the repetion of Helen.
Hystory of the ruyne of Troy.
- [Imprinted at London : In Paules churcheyard, at the signe of the holy ghost, by Iohn Cawood prynter to the Queenes hyghnes], Anno. 1553.
- Early English books online
1 online resource ( pages)
- Local subjects:
- Troy(Ancient city) -- Romans -- Early works to 1800. (search)
- An English translation, by Thomas Paynell, of Mathurin Heret's French translation of: Dares, Phrygius. De excidio Troiae historia.
Imprint from colophon.
Running title reads: The hystory of the ruyne of Troy.
Caption title (leaf H4) reads: Menelaus oration vnto the Troyanes for the repetion of Helen. Register is continuous.
Formerly STC 5581.
Identified as STC 5581 on UMI microfilm reel 204.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 204:09) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 6274.5.
- Paynell, Thomas, active 1528-1567.
Heret, Mathurin, 1518-1585.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|