The works of Mr. Abraham Cowley : consisting of those which were formerly printed, and those which he design'd for the press : now published out of the author's original copies.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Works. 1688
- To this edition are added several commendatory copies of verses on the author, by persons of honour : as also a table to the whole works, never before printed.
- London : Printed by J.M. for H. Herringman, and sold by Jos. Knight and Fra. Saunders ..., 1688.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 41, , 80, , 70, 154, 23, , 148,  pages, 1 leaf of plates) : portrait.
- Cowley, Abraham, 1618-1667.
- An account of the life and writings of Mr. Abraham Cowley / by T. Sprat
Pindarique odes, written in imitation of the stile and manner of the odes of Pindar
Davideis, a sacred poem of the troubles of David
Davideidos liber primus
Verses written on several occasions
Discourse concerning the government of Oliver Cromwel
Several discourses by way of essays.
- Portrait by W. Faithorne.
"The mistress", "Pindarique odes", and "Davideis" each have special t.p. and separate paging.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 685:3) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing C6658
- Sprat, Thomas, 1635-1713.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|