The kingly myrrour, : or King Charles his last legacy to the prince his son. Written a little before his death. Containing many excellent instructions and directions, how to carry himselfe in all estates and conditions. And may serve as a good monitor for all the princes in Christendome.
- Other Title:
- Eikon basilike. Selections
King Charles his last legacy to the prince his son.
- London : Printed for C.V., 1649.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 20 pages) : illustrations, portraits.
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
Charles II, King of England, 1630-1685 -- Early works to 1800.
Education of princes -- Early works to 1800.
- Authorship of the Eikon basilike was originally attributed to Charles I, but according to Madan (pp. 125-33) it was written by John Gauden who probably included some authentic writings of the king.
This is a reprint of chapter 27 of the Eikon. The printer is unknown and the initials C.V. in imprint are probably an invention. -- Madan.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "Aprill 11th".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 176:E1317) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) K588.
Madan, F.F. New bibl. of the Eikon basilike, 82.
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649, attributed name.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|