Elegans, illustris, et facilis rerum, præsertim Britannicarum, et aliarum obiter, notatu dignarum, a mundi exordio ad annum Domini. 1307. narratio : quam Matthæus VVestmonasteriensis monachus, eius author, vir in vtraque literature eruditus, Flores historiarum scripsit.
- Standardized Title:
- Historia major. Abridgments
- Other Title:
- Historia major. Abridgments.
- [London : Printed by Richard Jugge], Anno Domini. 1567. vicesimo die Octobris.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 339, , 227,  pages)
- World history -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- Great Britain -- History -- To 1485 -- Early works to 1800. (search)
- Book 1, covering through the year 1066, follows closely the "Historia major" of Matthew Paris. Book 2 is an abridgment from the same work, with additions, covering 1067-1307. The additions from 1259-1273 have been attributed to William Rishanger.
"Matthæus Westmonasteriensis" is a fictitious name traditionally assigned to this compilation.
The "Historia major" is based on an earlier work by Roger of Wendover also known as "Flores historiarum", probably based in turn on an earlier St. Albans chronicle. See Vaughan, Richard. "Matthew Paris" (Cambridge, 1958).
Edited by Matthew Parker.
Printer's name from STC.
Book 2 has separate pagination beginning on 1A1r.
Running title reads: Flores historiarum.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 435:9) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd. edition) 17652.
- Parker, Matthew, 1504-1575.
Rishanger, William, 1250?-1312?
Roger, of Wendover, d. 1236.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|