An exact and perfect relation relation [sic] of the terrible, and bloudy fight: between the English and Dutch fleets in the Downs, on Wednesday the 19 of May, 1652. : Relating, how Martin Van Trump the Dutch Admiral, upon General Blagues friendly salutation, set forth his bloudy flag of defiance; with the whole particulars of the fight, and the manner of the engagement. Also, a list of our admirals ships that engaged in the aforesaid fight; and the names of those those [sic] that lost men in this service, with the namber [sic] of them that were slain and wounded on both sides; together wth [sic] the sinking of one of the Hollanders, the taking of 3, and the total spoiling of their whole fleet; with their flight to deep in France, and what hapned [sic] to the English in the pursuit. Being the true copy of a letter sent to Mr. Richard Bostock of London, Merchant. Published according to order, and printed for the satisfaction of all that desire to be truly informed,
- Other Title:
- Exact and perfect relation of the terrible, and bloudy fight: between the English and Dutch fleets in the Downs, on Wednesday the 19 of May, 1652
- London : Printed for Robert Wood, 1652.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (8 pages)
- Anglo-Dutch War, 1652-1654 -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- Netherlands -- History -- 1648-1714 -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History, Naval -- Stuarts, 1603-1714 -- Early works to 1800.
- Dated and signed on page 6: Dover, May, 22 1652. Thomas White.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "25 may"; and following 'Merchant', which is underlined: "of ye post House".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 102:E665) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) W1855.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|