The iewell house of art and nature : Conteining diuers rare and profitable inuentions, together with sundry new experimentes in the art of husbandry, distillation, and moulding. Faithfully and familiarly set downe, according to the authors owne experience, by Hugh Platte, of Lincolnes Inne Gentleman.
- Other Title:
- Jewell house of art and nature
Jewell house of art and nature.
Diuerse new sorts of soyle not yet brought into any publique vse.
Diverse new sorts of soyle not yet brought into any publique use.
Diuers chimicall conclusions concerning the art of distillation.
Divers chimicall conclusions concerning the art of distillation.
Iewel-house of art and nature.
Jewel-house of art and nature.
- London : Printed by Peter Short, dwelling on Breadstreat hill, at the signe of the Star, and are to be solde in Paules Churchyard, 1594.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 96; 60; 76 pages)
- Industrial arts -- Early works to 1800.
Formulas, recipes, etc. -- Early works to 1800.
Agriculture -- Early works to 1800.
- "Diuerse new sorts of soyle not yet brought into any publique vse" and "Diuers chimicall conclusions concerning the art of distillation" each have separate dated title pages, pagination, and register.
Running title reads: The iewel-house of art and nature.
Variant: with a folded leaf repeating the cuts in the text.
Part 2 identified as STC 19989 on UMI microfilm reel 572 position 6.
Reproductions of the originals in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Appears at reel 572 position 6 (Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy 21751) and at reel 572 position 7 (Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy 16509).
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 572:6, 572:7) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 19991.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|