Orders conceiued by the Lordes of her Maiesties priuie councell, and by her Highnesse special direction, commanded to be put in execution for the restraint of killing, and eating of flesh this next Lent : and to be executed aswell by the Lord Maior within the citie and suburbs of London, and by the officers of the liberties and exempt places in and about the same, as by order to be prescribed by the Lords Lieutenants of all the counties of the realme, to the iustices of peace, Lords of Liberties, & officers of corporate townes. 20. Febr. xlj. yeere of the Queenes Maiesties reigne.
- Standardized Title:
- Proclamations. 1599-02-20
- Other Title:
- Proclamations. 1599-02-20.
Orders conceived by the Lordes of her Majesties privie councell, and by her Highnesse special direction, commanded to be put in execution for the restraint of killing, and eating of flesh this next Lent.
- [Imprinted at London : By the deputies of Christopher Barker, printer to the Queenes most excellent Maiestie, 1598 [id est 1599]]
- Early English books online
- Government document
1 online resource (2 leaves)
- Lent -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Meat -- Religous aspects -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- England -- Proclamations -- Early works to 1800.
- Imprint from colophon; the year in imprint is given according to Lady Day dating.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 565:116) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 8268.
Steele, R. Tudor and Stuart proclamations, 901.
- England and Wales. Sovereign (1558-1603 : Elizabeth I)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|