A declaration of the causes mouing the Queenes Maiestie of England, to prepare and send a nauy to the seas, for the defence of her realmes against the King of Spaines forces : to bee published by the generals of the saide nauy, to the intent that it shall appeare to the world, that her maiestie armeth her nauy onely to defend her selfe, and to offend her enemies, and not to offend any other, that shall forbeare to strengthen her enemie, but to vse them with all lawfull fauours.
- Other Title:
- Declaration of the causes moving the Queenes Majestie of England, to prepare and send a navy to the seas, for the defence of her realmes against the King of Spaines forces.
- Imprinted at London : By the deputies of Christopher Barker, printer to the Queenes most excellent Maiestie, Anno Dom. 1596.
- Early English books online
- Government document
1 online resource (, 3,  pages)
- Cádiz Expedition, 1596 -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Spain -- Early works to 1800. (search)
Spain -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800. (search)
Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- 1558-1603. (search)
- Signed at end: R. Essex. C. Howard.
The Latin edition is dated at end: Greenwich, 25 April 1596.
Reproductions of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Appears at reel 240 and at reel 1378 (same copy filmed twice).
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 240:12, 1378:03) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 9203.
- Elizabeth I, Queen of England, 1533-1603.
Essex, Robert Devereux, Earl of, 1566-1601.
Nottingham, Charles Howard, Earl of, approximately 1536-1624.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|