Ten sermons, tending chiefly to the fitting of men for the worthy receiving of the Lords Supper : wherein, amongst many other holy instructions, the doctrines of sound repentance and humiliation, and of Gods speciall favours unto penitent sinners, and worthy communicants, are largely and effectually handled / the sixefirst, by J. Dod ; the four last, by R. Cleaver ; whereunto is annexed a plain and learned metaphrase on the epistle to the Colossianss written by a godly and judicious Preacher ; there is also set before the sermons, a short dialogue of preparation, containing the chief points that concern the worthy receiving of the Lords Supper ; taken for the most part, out of the sermons following ; and collected into a method, for the benefit and ease of those that desire direction in this matter.
- Other records:
- Newly printed : and in this edition are many faults amended which had escaped former impressions. Also there is now added the authors life : collected 1661, with his effigies.
- London : Printed by S. Griffin for W. Lee ..., 1661.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 409 pages)
- Dod, John, 1549?-1645.
Lord's Supper -- Early works to 1800.
Sermons, English -- 17th century.
- Reproduction of original in Cambridge University Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 529:6) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing D1788
- Cleaver, Robert, 1561 or 1562-approximately 1625.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|