The art of catechising: or, The compleat catechist : In four parts. I. The church-catechism resolved into easie questions, to be answered only by yes or no. II. An exposition of it in a continued, full, and plain discourse. III. The church-catechism resolved into Scripture-proofs. IV. The whole duty of man reduced into questions, to be answered by a single yes or no. Fitted for the meanest capacities, the weakest memories, the plainest teachers, and the most un-instructed learners. Imprimatur. Feb. 4. 1690/1. Z. Isham, R.P.D. Henrico Episc. Lond. à sacris.
- Other Title:
- Art of catechising
- The third edition corrected.
- London : printed by J.L. for Henry Bonwicke, at the Red-Lion in St. Paul's Church-Yard, 1699.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 172,  pages, plate)
- Catechisms, English -- Early works to 1800.
- Includes adaptations of "The whole duty of man" by Richard Allestree and the Catechism of the Church of England.
The frontispiece is signed: I. Sturt sculp.
With a final advertisement leaf.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1804:16) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition, 1994) A3788.
- Sturt, John, 1658-1730, engraver.
Allestree, Richard, 1619-1681.
Church of England.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|