Deaths duell, or, A consolation to the soule, against the dying life, and liuing death of the body : Deliuered in a sermon at White Hall, before the Kings Maiesty, in the beginning of Lent, 1630. By that late learned and reuerend diuine, Iohn Donne, Dr. in Diuinity, & Deane of S. Pauls, London. Being his last sermon, and called by his Maiesties houshold the doctors owne funerall sermon.
- Other Title:
- Deaths duell
Consolation to the soule, against the dying life, and living death of the body.
Deaths duell, or, A consolation to the soule, against the dying life, and living death of the body.
- London : Printed by Thomas Harper, for Richard Redmer and Beniamin Fisher, and are to be sold at the signe of the Talbot in Alders-gate street, M.DC.XXXII. 
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 47,  pages) : portrait (metal cut)
- Sermons, English -- 17th century.
- The first leaf is blank except for signature-mark "A" in a border of ornaments; the second leaf bears an engraved portrait signed "Martin DR [monogram]". The portrait is sometimes not printed.
Variant: with an additional leaf of dedication from Richard Redmer to his sister, Mrs. Elizabeth Francis.
Reproduction of the original in the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1022:12) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 7031.
Keynes, G. Donne (4th edition), 24.
- Droeshout, Martin, 1601- engraver.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|