Luthers fore-runners: or, A cloud of witnesses, deposing for the Protestant faith : Gathered together in the historie of the Waldenses: who for diuers hundred yeares before Luther successiuely opposed popery, professed the truth of the Gospell, and sealed it with their bloud ... Diuided into three parts. The first concernes their originall beginning ... The second containes the historie of the Waldenses called Albingenses. The third concerneth the doctrine and discipline which hath bene common amongst them, and the confutation of the doctrine of their aduersaries. All which hath bene faithfully collected out of the authors named in the page following the preface, by I.P.P. L. Translated out of French by Samson Lennard.
- Standardized Title:
- Histoire des Vaudois. English
- Other Title:
- Histoire des Vaudois.
- London : Printed [by Richard Field, John Beale, Eliot's Court Press, and Thomas Snodham] for Nathanael Newbery, and are to be sold at the signe of the Starre vnder Saint Peters Church in Cornhill, and in Popes-head Alley, 1624.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 66, , 144, 143, , 103,  pages)
- Catholic Church -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
Waldenses -- Early works to 1800.
Albigenses -- Early works to 1800.
- A translation of: Perrin, Jean Paul. Histoire des Vaudois.
A reissue, with cancel title page, of "The bloudy rage of the great Antechrist [sic] of Rome", (STC 19768.5). Variant 1: retaining original title page.
"The 4 sets of signatures were pr[inted]. by R. Field, J. Beale, Eliot's Court Press, and T. Snodham respectively"--STC.
Title page printed in red and black. Variant 2: title page in same setting but printed in black only.
The first leaf is blank.
Each part has separate pagination.
Reproduction of the original in the Union Theological Seminary (New York, N.Y.). Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1579:18) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 19769.
- Lennard, Samson, -1633.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|