- Standardized Title:
- Polycronicon. English
- Other Title:
Grete thankynges laude and honour we merytoryously ben bounde to yelde and offre vnto wryters of hystoryes.
Grete thankynges laude and honour we merytoryously ben bounde to yelde and offre unto wryters of hystoryes.
- [Ended the thyrtenth daye of Apryll the tenth yere of the regne of kyng Harry the seuenth. And of the incarnacyon of our lord: M.CCCC.lxxxxv. Enprynted at Westmestre : By Wynkyn Theworde, [1495 (13 April)]]
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, CCCxxxvi, CCCxxxvi-CCCxlvi,  leaves) : music
- World history -- Early works to 1800.
Geography -- Early works to 1800.
- Local subjects:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- The author, Ranulf Higden, is named on the colophon page.
An English translation by John Trevisa, who is named on R6r.
Edited and with a continuation by William Caxton, who is named on R6r. The continuation is reprinted from "The chronicles of England", STC 9991.
The title is xylographic.
With a title-page woodcut.
Opening of text, 2a2: gRete thankynges laude and honour we merytoryously ben bounde to yelde and offre vnto wryters of hystoryes ..
Imprint from colophon.
Signatures: 2a 2b-2h⁶; a-y z⁶; A-S T⁶ V-X.
Book 5 begins new register; foliation is continuous.
The woodcut music, the first musical notation printed in England, occurs on pages n5r.
The last leaf bears a printer's mark.
Leaf i, last word is "englisshe". Variant: earlier (trial?) setting, last word "englysshe".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 13:07) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 13439.
- Trevisa, John, -1402.
Caxton, William, ca. 1422-1491.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|