The tenure of kings and magistrates : proving, that it is lawfull, and hath been held so through all ages, for any, who have the power, to call to account a tyrant, or wicked king, and after due conviction, to depose, and put him, to death, if the ordinary magistrate have neglected, or deny'd to doe it : and that they, who if late so much blame deposing, are the men that did it themselves / the author, J.M.
- Other records:
- Published now the second time with some additions, and many testimonies also added out of the best & learnedst among Protestant divines asserting the position of this book.
- London : Printed by Matthew Simmons ..., 1649.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 60 pages)
- Divine right of kings.
Great Britain -- Constitutional law.
- Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 643:3) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing M2182
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|