The history of the coronation of the Most High, Most Mighty, and Most Excellent Monarch, James II, by the grace of God, King of England, Scotland, France, and Ireland, defender of the faith, &c., and of his royal consort, Queen Mary : solemnized in the collegiate church of St. Peter in the city of Westminster, on Thursday the 23 of April, being the festival of St. George, in the year of our Lord, 1685 : with an exact account of the several preparations in order thereunto, Their Majesties most splendid processions and their royal and magnificent feast in Westminster-Hall : the whole work illustrated with sculptures ... / by Francis Sandford, Esq. ...
- Other records:
- In the Savoy : Printed by Thomas Newcomb ..., 1687.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 135 pages,  leaves of plates) : illustrations
- James II, King of England, 1633-1701 -- Coronation.
Mary, of Modena, Queen, consort of James II, King of England, 1658-1718 -- Coronation.
- "[Gregory King] was consulted about the coronation ... and was the principal author of the ... volume containing descriptions and splendid engravings of that ceremony ... though he allowed Francis Sandford to affix his name to the title-page"--DNB.
"By His Majesties especial command"
Reproduction of original in British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 290:19) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing S652
- King, Gregory, 1648-1712.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|