The Christian mans guide : Wherein are contayned two treatises. The one shewing vs the perfection of our ordinary workes. The other the purity of intention we ought to haue in all our actions. Both composed in Spanish by the R.F. Alfonsus Rodriguez of the Society of Iesus. Translated into English.
- Standardized Title:
- Ejercicio de perfección y virtudes cristianas. Part 1. Treatise 2-3. English
- Other Title:
- Ejercicio de perfección y virtudes cristianas. Part 1. Treatise 2-3.
Treatise of modesty and silence.
- [Saint-Omer : George Seutin], Permissu Superiorum, M.DC.XXX 
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 80, , 81-182,  pages)
- Perfection -- Early works to 1800.
Christian life -- Catholic authors -- Early works to 1800.
- A translation, by Sir Tobie Matthew, of part 1, treatises 2-3 of: Ejercicio de perfección y virtudes cristianas.
Printer's name and place of publication from STC.
Leaf [2d]*1 is a separate title page, with same imprint, reading: The third treatise of the right and pure intention, with which we ought to doe our actions. Composed in Spanish by the R.F. Alfonsus Rodrigues of the Society of Iesus. Translated into English.
The second treatise is called the 'third' and is a reissue of part of STC 21149.5, first published circa 1630 with title, A treatise of modesty and silence--STC.
Signatures: *⁴ A-E *⁴ F-L M⁴.
Some print show-through and some pages stained, affecting legibility.
Reproduction of the original in the Union Theological Seminary (New York, N. Y.). Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English Books, 1475-1640 ; 1581:18) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd. edition) 21142.
- Matthew, Tobie, Sir, 1577-1655.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|