The peoples prerogative and priviledges, asserted and vindicated, (against all tyranny whatsoever.) By law and reason. : Being a collection of the marrow and soule of Magna Charta, and of all the most principall statutes made ever since to this present yeare, 1647. For the preservation of the peoples liberties and properties. With cleare proofs and demonstrations, that now their lawes and liberties are nigher subvertion, then they were when they first began to fight for them, by a present swaying powerfull faction, amongst the Lords, Commons, and Army, ... so that perfect vassalage and slavery (by force of armes) in the nature of Turkish janisaries, or the regiments of the guards of France, is likely (to perpetuitie) to be setled, if the people doe not speedily look about them, and act vigorusly for the preventing of it. / Compiled by Lievt. Col. John Lilburne, prerogative prisoner in the Tower of London, and published by him for the instruction, information and benefit of all true hearted English-men.
- London : [publisher not identified], Printed in the yeare, when some of the mercinary officers and souldiers of Sir Thomas Fairfaxes Army, that were pretendedly raised for to fight for the liberties and freedomes of England, avowedly drew their swords at the House of Commons doore, to destroy those that really stood for their lawes and liberties, 1647 [id est 1648]
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 76;  pages)
- Magna Carta -- Early works to 1800.
Civil rights -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1642-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
- "For every individuall Member of the Honourable House of Commons" (caption title), also issued separately as Wing L2109, has separate register.
Imperfect: staining, cropped pages with some loss of text.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "Feb: 14th 1647".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 67:E427) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) L2153.
McAlpin Coll., II, pages 504.
- For every individuall Member of the Honourable House of Commons
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|