A guide for the practical gauger : with a compendium of decimal arithmetick. Shewing briefly I. Many plain and easie ways how to gauge brewers tuns, coppers, backs, &c. also the mash-tun, either in whole, or gradually from inch to inch, with divers new tables for facilitating the work. II. The gauging of any wine, brandy, ale or oyl-cask, either in whole, or in part, with the construction and use of two tables of area's of circles, and Sybant Hantz his table of area's of segments of a circle. III. The mensuration of all manner of superficies, as board, glass, pavement, wainscot, tiling, floors, roofs, &c. also brick-work, timber and stone. Added as an appendix to the former work. Collected and published principally for the service of the farmers of his Majesties revenue of excise. By William Hunt, student in the mathematicks.
- Other Title:
- Appendix to the guide for the practical gauger
Table of logarithm numbers
Tables for the speedy gauging of brewers tuns and casks
- London : printed by John Darby, for Nath. Ponder, at the sign of the Peacock in Chancery-Lane, 1673.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 358, ; , 29, ;  pages) : illustrations (woodcuts)
- Measurement -- Early works to 1800.
- "Tables for the speedy gauging of brewers tuns and casks" has separate dated title page; pagination and register are continuous. "An appendix to the Guide for the practical gauger" and "A table of logarithm numbers" each have separate dated title page, pagination, and register.
DFo copy, reel 2516 has Sig. 2A2 and 2A1 misbound after signature a1, in that order; Sig. 2A4 and 2A3 misbound after signature a3, in that order; Pt. 4 bound before Pt.3.
Reproduction of original in the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2516:6) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) H3763A
- Hantz, Sybant.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|