The decades of the newe worlde or west India : conteynyng the nauigations and conquestes of the Spanyardes, with the particular description of the moste ryche and large landes and ilandes lately founde in the west ocean perteynyng to the inheritaunce of the kinges of Spayne. ... Wrytten in the Latine tounge by Peter Martyr of Angleria, and translated into Englysshe by Rycharde Eden.
- Standardized Title:
- De orbe novo. Decade 1-3. English
- Other Title:
- De orbe novo. Decade 1-3.
- Londini : In ædibus Guilhelmi Powell [for Richard Jug], Anno. 1555.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 309, , 310-361,  leaves) : illustrations (woodcut)
- Local subjects:
- America -- Early accounts to 1600. (search)
- A translation of decades 1-3 of "De orbe novo", with additions from numerous other sources edited by Eden.
Colophon reads: Imprynted at London in Paules Churchyarde at the signe of the Byble by Rychard Iug ..
With 13 final contents and errata leaves.
The inserted leaf after 309 is a letter from the Emperor of Russia to Edward VI. Variant: lacking this leaf.
One of four variants with different publishers' names in the colophon.
Reproduction of the original in the Harvard University. Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 306:03) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 645.
- Eden, Richard, 1521?-1576.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|