The English-mans treasure : with the true anatomie of mans body / compiled by ... Mr. Thomas Vicary, Esquire ... ; whereunto are annexed many secrets appertaining to chyrurgerie, with divers excellent approved remedies ...
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Profitable treatise of the anatomie of mans body
- And now ninthly much augmented, corrected and enlarged ...
- Printed at London : By B. Alsop and Tho. Favvcet ..., 1641.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 292,  pages) : illustrations
- Human anatomy -- Early works to 1800.
Medicine -- Early works to 1800.
Surgery -- Early works to 1800.
Plague -- Early works to 1800.
Health resorts -- England -- Bath (Avon) -- Early works to 1800.
- First published as: A profitable treatise of the anatomie of mans body, 1548. The earliest extant edition is of 1577. Cf. DNB.
Largely based on a medieval English compilation dating from 1392, which was an abridged version of passages from H. de Mondeville and Lanfranco of Milan. The "annexed secrets" contain extracts from J. Hester's translation of A short discours ... uppon chirurgie by L. Fioravanti (London, 1580) and W. Ward's translation of The secretes of ... Alexis of Piemont [id est, Girolamo Ruscelli?] (London, 1562).
Reproduction of original in Cambridge University Library.
"Of the bath of Bathe, in England ... written by William Turner ... gathered and set forth ... by William Bremer": pages 79-94.
"A necessary and briefe relation of the contagious disease of the pestilence ... by W. Boraston": pages 273-292.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 441:21) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing V334
- Bremer, William.
Mondeville, Henri de, active 14th century.
Lanfranco, of Milan, active 13th century.
Ruscelli, Girolamo, -approximately 1565.
Fioravanti, Leonardo, 1518-1588.
Ward, William, 1534-1609.
Hester, John, -1593.
- Turner, William, d. 1568. Of the bath of Bathe, in England.
Boraston, William. Necessary and briefe relation of the contagious disease of the pestilence.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|