On wings of feare, Finch flies away : One paire of legges is worth two paire of hands: whirre. Alas poore Will, hee's forc'd to stay. Ide try the conclusion, were I out of these bands. Heigh-ho.
- Other Title:
- Alas poore Will, hee's forc'd to stay.
- [London? : S.n., 1640 or 1641]
- Early English books online
1 online resource (1 sheet ( pages)) : illustrations
- Finch, John, Baron Finch of Fordwich, 1584-1660.
Laud, William, 1573-1645.
- Caption title. Place of publication suggested both by STC and Wing.
There are two settings; stanza 1, line 1 has: (a) "choose" (L, 1 HD) or (b) "chuse" (1 HD). Of the sixteen stanzas all but the last five are about Laud. Since Finch arrived in Holland on 31 December 1640, it is possible that one or both settings were printed in 1641; also entered as Wing O330A--STC.
STC suggests a publication date of 1640 while Wing suggests 1641.
Verse - "Reader, I know thou canst not choose but smile".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 797:06) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) O330a.
STC (2nd edition) 10877.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|