The testaments of the twelue patriarches : the sonnes of Jacob: translated out of Greeke into Latine by Robert Grosthead, sometime bishop of Lincolne, and from his copie into French and Dutch by others: and now Englished. To the credit vvhereof, an ancient Greeke copy vvritten in parchment is kept in the Vniuersitie Library of Cambridge.
- Standardized Title:
- Testamentum duodecim patriarcharum. English.
- Other Title:
- Testaments of the twelve patriarches.
- Printed at London : [By H. Lownes], for the Company of the Stationers, 1619.
- Early English books online
1 online resource ( pages) : illustrations
- Local subjects:
- Bible. O.T.. Apocryphal books.. Testaments of the twelve patriarchs.. -- English -- Early works to 1800.
- Translation sometimes attributed to Anthony Gilby or to Arthur Golding.
With woodcut title vignette and woodcut illustrations throughout.
Signatures: A-K L⁴.
Reproduction of the original in the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 661:07) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 19471.
- Gilby, Anthony, approximately 1510-1585, attributed name.
Grosseteste, Robert, 1175?-1253.
Golding, Arthur, 1536-1606, attributed name.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|