The proceedings and tryal in the case of the Most Reverend Father in God William Lord Archbishop of Canterbury : and the Right Reverend Fathers in God, William Lord Bishop of St. Asaph, Francis Lord Bishop of Ely, John Lord Bishop of Chichester, Thomas Lord Bishop of Bath and Wells, Thomas Lord Bishop of Peterborough, and Jonathan Lord Bishop of Bristol. In the Court of Kings-Bench at Westminster, in Trinity-term in the fourth year of the reign of King James the Second, annoque Dom. 1688. Together with the learned arguments of the Honourable Mr. Finch, Sir Francis Pemberton, Sir Creswell Levins, Sir George Treby, Sir Robert Sawyer, Sir Henry Pollixfen, and Mr. Summers, against the dispencing power, &c.
- The second edition.
- London : printed for Thomas Basset, at the George in Fleet-street, and Thomas Fox, at the Angel in Westminster-Hall, 1689.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 140 pages)
- Sancroft, William, 1617-1693 -- Trials, litigation, etc. -- Early works to 1800.
Political crimes and offenses -- England -- Early works to 1800.
Trials (Seditious libel) -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- William Lord Archbishop of Canterbury = William Sancroft.
The names "William Lord Bishop of St. Asaph, .. Chichester," and "Thomas Lord Bishop of Bath and Wells, .. Bristol." are bracketed together on title page.
Formerly identified in Wing as S565.
Reproduction of the original in the Worcester College Library, Oxford University.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2095:11) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) P3555B
- Sancroft, William, 1617-1693, defendant.
England and Wales. Court of King's Bench.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|