A copious dictionary in three parts, I. the English before the Latin ... II. the Latin before the English ... III. the proper names of persons, places, and other things necessary to the understanding of historians and poets : to which are adjoyned a table of authours names at large which in this book are made use of or mentioned, and also some lesser tractates : the whole being a comprisal of Thomasius and Rider's foundations, Holland's and Holyoak's superstructure and improvements : together wih amendments and enlargements ... promoted and carried on by a diligent search into and perusal of several other dictionaries, and many authours ancient and modern ... / by the care and industry of Francis Gouldman.
- In the precedent edition (besides many other additions) the most textual, usual, and proper Hebrew roots and derivatives added to the simple theams and compounds of the Latin throughout the whole work are inserted by W. Robertson and in the fourth edition there are many thousand words more added by the skill and pains of Dr. Scattergood.
- Cambridge [Cambridgeshire] : Printed by John Hayes, 1678.
- Early English books online
1 online resource ( pages)
- English language -- Dictionaries -- Latin.
Latin language -- Dictionaries -- English.
English language -- Dictionaries -- Early works to 1700.
- Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1332:1) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing G1446.
- Robertson, William, -1686?
Scattergood, Antony, 1611-1687.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|