A compendious and most maruellous historie of the latter times of the Iewes common-weale : Beginning where the Bible, or Scriptures leaue, and continuing to the vtter subuersion, and last destruction of that countrieand people. Written in Hebrew by Ioseph Ben Gorion, a nobleman of the same countrey, who saw the most things himselfe, and was the author and doer of a greater part of the same. Translated into English, by Peter Morvvyn, of Magdalen Colledge in Oxford: And now newly corrected and amended by the said translator.
- Standardized Title:
- Josippon. English. Abridgments.
- Other Title:
- Compendious and most marvellous historie of the latter times of the Jewes common-weale.
- London : Printed [by T. Creede] for Thomas Adams, dwelling in Pauls Church-yard, at the signe of the Bell, 1615.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 435 [id est 437],  pages)
- Jews -- History -- 586 B.C.-70 A.D. -- Early works to 1800.
- A translation of Abraham ben David ibn Daud's abstract, in book 3 of his "Sefer ha-Kabalah", of the anonymous "Josippon" or "Yosippon". The latter has been misattributed to a Joseph ben Gorion, usually identified with Joseph ben Gorion ha-Kohen but occasionally with Flavius Josephus.
Some pages missing in number only.
Imperfect; some pages cropped and tigtly bound with loss of printing.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 757:29) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 14805.
- Morwen, Peter.
Ibn Daud, Abraham ben David, Halevi, ca. 1110-ca. 1180.
Joseph ben Gorion, ha-Kohen, attributed name.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|