Certamen epistolare, or, The letter-combate. / Managed by Peter Heylyn, D.D. with 1. Mr. Baxter of Kederminster. 2. Dr. Barnard of Grays-Inne. 3. Mr. Hickman of Mag. C. Oxon. And 4. J.H. of the city of Westminster Esq; With 5. An appendix to the same, in answer to some passages in Mr. Fullers late Appeal.
- Other Title:
- Certamen epistolare
- London, : Printed by J.M. for H. Twyford, T. Dring, and J. Place, and are to be sold at their shops, in Vine-Court in the Middle Temple, at the George near S. Dunstons Church in Fleet-street, and at Furnivals-Inne gate, in Holburn, 1659.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 310, , 311-397,  pages)
- Fuller, Thomas, 1608-1661. Appeal of injured innocence, unto the religious learned and ingenuous reader -- Early works to 1800.
Hickman, Henry, d. 1692. Patro-scholastiko-dikaiōsis -- Early works to 1800.
Heylyn, Peter, 1600-1662. Respondet Petrus -- Early works to 1800.
Harrington, James, 1611-1677. Stumbling-block of disobedience & rebellion cunningly imputed by P.H. unto Calvin, removed in a letter to the said P.H. from J.H. -- Early works to 1800.
Baxter, Richard, 1615-1691. Grotian religion discovered -- Early works to 1800.
Church of England -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
- A reply to "The Grotian religion discovered" by Baxter, "Patro-scholastiko-dikaiōsis" by Hickman, and "The stumbling-block of disobedience & rebellion cunningly imputed by P.H. unto Calvin, removed in a letter to the said P.H. from J.H." by Harrington. The exchange with Bernard concerns the burning of Heylyn's "Respondet Petrus".
Parts 2 and 3, and "An appendix to the former papers", each have separate dated title pages (the latter an insert); pagination and register are continuous.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "Aprill".
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 214:E1722) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) H1687.
McAlpin Coll., III, pages 299.
- Baxter, Richard, 1615-1691.
Bernard, Nicholas, -1661.
Hickman, Henry, -1692.
Harrington, James, 1611-1677.
- Appendix to the former papers.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|