The hearse of the renowned, the Right Honourable Robert Earle of Essex and Ewe, Viscount Hereford, Lord Ferrers of Chartley, Bourchier and Lovaine, sometime captaine lord generall of the armies raised for the defence of King and Parliament. : As it was represented in a sermon, preached in the Abbey Church at Westminster, at the magnificent solemnity of his funerall, Octob. 22, 1646. / By Richard Vines. Published by order of the House of Peers.
- London, : Printed by T.R. and E.M. for Abel Roper at the sign of the Sun against Dunstans Church in Fleet-street., 1646.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 38 pages,  leaf of plates) : portrait.
- Essex, Robert Devereux, Earl of, 1591-1646 -- Death and burial -- Early works to 1800.
Bible. O.T. Samuel, 2nd III, 38 -- Sermons.
Funeral sermons -- 17th century.
Sermons, English -- 17th century.
Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 -- Sermons -- Early works to 1800.
- Contains the same frontispiece as "The true mannor and forme of the proceedings to the funerall of the Right Honourable Robert Earle of Essex and Ewe" (Wing T2758A).
Probably the earlier of the two editions printed for Roper this year.
A variant (Wing V554), probably later, has "for Henry Seile" in imprint.
Annotation on Thomason copy: "Octob. 29".
Early English books copy imperfect: print show-through.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Thomason Tracts ; 58:E359) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd edition) V554A.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|