The suruay or topographical description of France : with a new mappe, helping greatly for the surueying of euery particular country, cittye, fortresse, riuer, mountaine, and forrest therein: collected out of sundry approued authors: very amply, truly, and historically digested, for the pleasure of those who desire to be throughly acquainted in the state of the kingdome & dominion of France.
- Other Title:
- Survay or topographical description of France
Survay or topographical description of France.
- London : Imprinted by Iohn Wolfe, and are to bee sold at his shop at Poules chayne, 1592.
- Early English books online
1 online resource (, 103,  pages, folded plate) : map
- Local subjects:
- France -- Description and travel -- To 1600 -- Early works to 1800.
- By John Eliot.
The first leaf is blank.
The map, lacking in most copies, is drawn by Petrus Plancius, engraved by Baptista Duetecum, and dated 1592.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1999- (Early English books online) Digital version of: (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 219:7) s1999 miun s
- Cited in:
- STC (2nd edition) 7575.
- Plancius, Petrus, d. 1622, cartographer.
Duetecum, Baptista, engraver.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|